Hear ye, hear ye, dear Citizens!
VS Dave here to let you know that the time has come! The gates to our humble little town are now open, and the Villagers are all too excited to welcome you.
But beware! Conspirators have infiltrated the town, and danger is afoot. Will you be able to uncover the sus intruders in your midst, or will you fall prey to their nefarious deeds?
Welcome to Open Beta Weekend on Steam!
If you haven’t already done so, we do strongly recommend that you watch the How to Eville tutorial video. Although the basics of Eville are simple enough to grasp, it usually takes a game or two to fully get the hang of it. But worry not! This short video will help get you started on your merry way toward becoming a total pro!
Planning to stream this weekend? We’ve got you covered! Download this handy asset kit and make your stream a bit more Eville than before.
One last thing before you go: Just a quick reminder that Eville is still a game in development, and while we did our best to ensure that you have the best experience possible, you may still encounter some pesky bugs. Here’s a list of some of the more commonly known issues in this demo:
- When you start up the game for the very first time you cannot change your equipment in the main menu, since no items are listed.
- Solution: Only if you restart the game once you will be able to change your equipment.
- Sometimes sessions can’t be joined – “Joining” will be shown forever
- Solution: The host and other players must restart the game and the host must create a new session
- The person creating the game is the Host. Players will disconnect if the host closes the game.
- Once a match is over the session closes completely. A host must create a new lobby after each match.
- All Cosmetics options are not unlocked yet, but will be available later, including additional skin tone options, accessories, back-items, stickers, & sprays. Unlocked skins can be changed in the equipment menu, which is located in the main menu.
Game-breaking Gameplay Issues
- Conspirators can on rare occasions not be voted out. Voting results in a message: “<Player> is dead and can’t be executed.” This is being investigated.
- The game soft locks in a match if a player closes the game while loading into the game map. All players will have to close the game with Alt+F4
- Sometimes a meeting can be started while there is already a meeting. For now players should just refrain from doing that.
Did you find something not listed here? Tell us about it!