Maevri here. I am so incredibly happy to announce that the long awaited Patch 2.56.00 has been approved and is now live. You should see a 2.5GB update available for download when you load your Pillars of Eternity file on your Switch. We know you have all been as eager as we have for this patch to finally be released, and we appreciate all of your patience and feedback while the Dev and QA team worked hard to make this happen. Without further ado, here are the patch notes.
Top Community Issues:
- Grey screen visual corruption of the game. It should also repair the issue for the players that have already experienced this issue, not just for the new players.
- Graphic corruption (HUD, UI) as related issue of grey screen.
- Improved stability.
- Pathfinding in some areas was improved.
- Icon corruption in inventory was fixed.
- Game now generates autosave before loading screen.
- Will-O’-Wisp in the Temple of Eothas flickering during the pause.
- VFX that shows the outline of nearby objects.
- Long tooltips in Cyclopedia were not scaled properly.
- Stuck weapons under the feet after taking items from fallen companion.
Spells/Skills and Items fixes
- Hatchets did not apply deflection bonus.
- Weapon and Shield style did not apply bonus deflection or reflex bonuses.
- Modal effects did not apply their bonuses.
- Bonuses from in-game effects were not applied.
- Fine/Exceptional/Superb enchants did not apply their bonuses.
- “Afflictions” status effects were not applied.
- Missile and Dart traps in Galvino’s Workshop behavior was fixed.
As always, thank you for your feedback, constructive criticism, and patience as we continue to update you with our progress. We do encourage you to continue reporting issues that you see as that helps us tremendously. To stay up to date on all the latest news, make sure to join our Discord and follow us on Twitter and Facebook. Happy hunting!