Hey everyone, Maevri here.
I wanted to take a moment to check in with you regarding the current state of Pillars of Eternity I on the Nintendo Switch. As you may remember from our previous blog, we discovered the root cause of many of the issues players are experiencing, including the infamous Grey Screen.
The dev team has been working hard to implement the fix across the entire game, and we are happy to say that we now have a final build that completely fixes the Grey Screen, as well as many other bugs. QA is currently testing this build, and if it passes we plan to push to Nintendo QA next week. In the meantime, the team is still working on the remaining known bugs and we have more information on the status of those in the near future.
Other bugs resolved in this patch include:
- Graphic/text corruption
- AI Pathfinding in some areas
- Ciphers soul whip doesn’t proc so biting whip and draining whip do not proc either
- “Afflictions” status effects not applying
- Hatchets not applying deflection bonus
- Modal effects not applying bonuses
- In-game effects not applying bonuses
- Weapon and Shield style not applying bonus deflection or reflex bonuses
- Fine/Exceptional/Superb enchants not applying bonuses
- Will-O’-Wisp in the Temple of Eothas hard flickering during the pause
As always, thank you for your feedback, constructive criticism, and patience as we continue to update you with our progress. We do encourage you to continue reporting issues that you see as that helps us tremendously. To stay up to date on all the latest news, make sure to join our Discord and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.