Critically Acclaimed YAGA is now available on Steam and it’s bringing the new (and free) “Spirits for Spirits” update with it!
This darkly funny action role-playing game allows you to smash, clobber and bash the murderous legends of Slavic mythology and changes every time you play. You play as Ivan, a one-handed blacksmith with incredibly bad luck, who must take on the impossible tasks given to him by the tzar. All the while the mysterious witch, Baba Yaga, watches over Ivan’s fate.
The world of Yaga is a world steeped in Slavic folklore and ancient Pagan beliefs. Featuring a head-bobbing Romanian hip-hop soundtrack from Subcarpați and striking, hand-drawn 2D artwork. Yaga is an authentic love letter to childhood fables from Romanian indie developer, Breadcrumbs Interactive.
- Bludgeon the ancient monsters of Slavic folklore using a vast arsenal of hammers and tools forged by Ivan’s own hands.
- Your actions change Ivan’s story, his reputation, and the upgrades he can choose.
- Experiment in the deep forging system to make weapons like teleporting lightning hammers and hookshot pitchforks.
- Explore the combinations of talismans, magic items, blessings, perks, and curses to fundamentally change how Ivan plays.
- Multiple endings, multiple ways of solving encounters, procedural map, lots of characters to encounter, and hidden secrets mean Yaga is meant to be played over and over again.
- Ivan’s grandma just wants him to find a wife. Don’t disappoint her!
“If you want to play something different, something that will immerse you in an engaging world of Slavic folklore, I highly recommend playing Yaga. There’s no doubt in my mind that Yaga is one of the most creative indies I’ve played this year.” – IndieObscura
We will be launching with a main edition at $24.99, soundtrack at $7.99, and the “Bad Luck Bundle” at $29.99, which includes the game and the soundtrack.
In addition to the game launching on Steam, all versions of the game will be getting the brand new Spirits for Spirits update free. This update includes:
New Village Quest!: Spirits for Spirits
- Visit the Tavern after you finish the A Day to Dig quest
Tweaks and Improvements
- Favorites Menu for Hammers, Tools and Magic Items
- Sell Back option for merchants
- Removed Bad Luck boosting caused by having Curses or Blessings
- Mouse and Keyboard Controls Remapping
- General Stability and Performance Improvements